The school year might be almost over, but at ECS we’re not quite done having fun!
The Summer Ball was a great success!
Oh what a night…Thank you, thank you, thank you to ….
– all the year 6’s for their brilliant waitering skills last night – you did amazingly well and should be so so proud!
– the parents who bought tickets and participated in the live auction and raffle
– all those who kindly donated the incredible auction and raffle prizes
– all the teachers who joined in the fun – it was so lovely to see you all
– our sponsors Knight Frank
– our caterer Lebanon
– the band InSession who rocked us out until our carriages took us home
– the local residents who put up with the noise for yet another year – thank you!
Last but no means least a huge thank you to the summer ball team! They have volunteered their time and put so much thought and hard work in putting on yet another fantastic event. They have run the event for the second and last time and we wanted to say a huge thank for your commitment over the last few years. Thank you Anna Carswell, Jenni Webb, Lorna Davey, Ali Carswell, Tim Carswell, George Carswell, Jo Philip and Gabi Kay
Children’s Summer Discos
The grown-ups were not the only ones having loads of fun; the children also had a go at partying in the marquis during their favourite event of the year.
Thanks to the school disco organisisers, all the volunteers that helped on the dayand to the DJ for all the great tunes.
Thank you for supporting our BIG WEEKEND of fun and sports!
First, we had our Great British Summer Fair:
- It was a huge event and a huge amount of fun! Thank you to all the many people involved in making it a success, particularly our Summer Fair Team of Lucy Cudmore, Lynsie Gutteridge and Jennifer Maitland, our Sponsorship & Advertising Team of Jo Philip, Ali Carswell and Gabi Kay, our programme designer Aileen Colyer, and Alison Mohamed and our amazing Class Reps.
- We also thank all you parents, carers and staff for setting up and running the Fair, and for coming along and supporting us. Thank you to Knight Frank estate agents for their sponsorship – as well as Rasoy Restaurant Claygate and Esher Tyres & Exhausts. Thank you to Ugo Monye for delighting many children and dads alike, our fantastic entertainers, stall holders, donors of prizes – and of course, Mrs Bell for being such a sport in the stocks!
Then we had our Kids’ Father’s Day Triathlon & Fun Duathlon:
- It was an early, slightly drizzly morning, but nothing could dampen the children’s spirits and enthusiasm! We were so proud to see so many young athletes trying their best – the racing was keenly contested and great sportsmanship shown all round. It was a year to remember for the girls in the Triathlon race, as Chloe White took overall win and Izzy Johnson took second place. Full results can be found at www.dadstri.co.uk/results
- A big thank you to Tom White and Salim Mohamed for organising this event, to all the marshals and helpers (we couldn’t have done it without you!), the school Office, and to Mrs Bell for presenting the prizes and medals. Thank you also to House. estate agents for their kind sponsorship.
- Watch this space to find out how much money we raised for our school. Susan Edwards is busy counting it!
- We hope you enjoyed our weekend of events. Please provide with us with your feedback on how we can shape and improve future summer fairs and sporting events, via your Class Reps or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our Facebook page for photos!
We also want to shout about our wonderful new ‘Mirror Garden’!
- Its rainbow-colours bring warmth and sunshine to our school, and encourages our children to relax and reflect, through smell, touch, sound and taste:
- Smell – children relax amongst the sweet-smelling honeysuckle, climbing roses, jasmine, lavender and thyme.
- Touch – children explore the different boxes of stones, the special touch wall, and feel the various soft plants.
- Sound – children love playing the ‘garden drum kit’, and enjoy the relaxing sounds created by the touch boxes.
- Taste – once grown, the children will taste the rhubarb and tomato plants (to be planted and managed by the school Gardening Club).
- Our garden also includes an ever-lasting poppy, and an area to plant small wooden crosses for remembrance.
- Thank you to so many amazing people who made this happen:
- Helen Vernon for her imaginative design, and also to Hannah Emerson and her parents Phil and Pam, Jann Duffy, Katy Knock, Louise and Del Herbert, Fiona Chapman and Mark Vernon for their ideas and hard work.
- All the other Year 6 parents, who provided plants, financial donations (which funded the mirrors and other decorative and sensory objects), and time, as they planted, painted, removed old masonry and built the trellis.
- Garsons for their large donation of stakes, bark, compost, slate and contents for the touch boxes.
- Brewers for their large donation of paint.
- Claygate Flower & Village Show with Mogs de la Touche, who donated financially. And to Hill Park Roses.
- Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are all stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
We’d be very grateful for any help you can give!
- It’s busy time for our school and our ECSA, so please help in whatever way you can, either one-off or ongoing. Please get in touch with us!